Monday, May 11, 2009

Paris

Arrived in Paris to beautiful skies, around 1 o clock. First stop Notre Dame! Mom was so moved, she couldn't speak. They were having mass, so we paused for a few minutes. We had about an hour there. She lit candles at every station, and said a prayer. This was the culmination of all our efforts. The point of the trip. Mom sitting in Notre Dame on Mothers Day! Parfait. We moved onto a tour of the city, which I enjoyed pointing out the different places I had been, And onto the Eiffel tower. The 2ND place Mom wanted to go. She was very impressed. In the evening, we went to Sacre Couer, Mom was very disappointed, not by the basilica itself, which is very beautiful, but by the riffraff surrounding it. and the filth. We had a wonderful dinner, which included a sing along. I thought I was at Monday night show tunes. I think I was the only one who knew the words to DO RE MI, from Sound of Music. lol. I had 5 glasses of Champagne, WOW, my head was spinning... tomorrow back in London and then off for home. We had a wonderful trip,,, B

No comments: