Sunday, May 3, 2009

London

Sorry for the late post, but yesterday we were exhausted. Plane ride was fine, but tiring. We had good seats, right up against the bulkhead, so plenty of leg room. But I cant sleep on a plane, and evidently neither can Mom. We werent allowed in our rooms until 2. I had to sweet talk a pretty Italian girl named Imma to get into them early, we so wanted to sleep. against everyones better advice.But Mom was sooo tired and her legs were bothering her. We slept about 3 hrs, and then joined a night tour to Tower Bridge which included dinner and a nice but very chilly boat ride along the Thames. It was very enjoyable. No wi-fi in hotel, so no pics yet, but hopefully when we move on. Today. we just finished a bus tour of London, very enjoable tour guide, Carlotte. We saw St Pauls Cathedral, ST James Palace, Buckingham Palace, the changing of the Guard, Big Ben, and many others. Lots of pics forthcoming. We are now waiting for another bus, which will take us to Windsor Castle. Mom is meeting lots of people from all over the World, and from other states in America. We leave London tomorrow,,, oh and before I forgot. Funny Story. I called yesterday for a 6:30 wake up call, just to make sure Mom had breakfast before our London Tour. We got a wake up call at 05:30 this morning, via FIRE ALARM. And let me tell you it was loud and a little frightening. People were running thru the hallways in their pajamas. We got dressed very quickly and walked down 5 flights of stairs, and everyone congregated in the streets.No one panicked, but I broke a major rule of mine,,, I LEFT my camera in the room!!!! How I wish I wouldve grabbed it. I did remember to grab my wallet, the room key and Mom without her teeth , mind you, but I did think to take her with me. , so at least that! No injuries, someone evidently was smoking in their room and set of the alarm. London is marvelous and exciting. I do think I will be back, so much to see... until tomorrow and hopefully I will post pics,,,,ps I am getting video tho, which takes away from reg photos, so I'm a little aggravated. I do like taking pictures,,,,,,,, Brian

P.S,, European keyboards are different, I remember this problem in France, configuration different, and its in a foreign language, I dont know how to change it, so pardon the misspellings...

No comments: