Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm Home

Thoughts on the last 10 days. Mom and I, had a wonderful experience, together. I love Europe. London was better than I thought it was going to be. They preserved and are proud of their history, beautiful churches and building. The royal influence is everywhere, surprisingly. But I think the English like it that way. They are very friendly, and warm. I would love to go back, and spend a week there. Of course, I would love to tour all of the United Kingdom. Germany. I wasn't thrilled with it. I loved the Castles, and they are loaded with them. I want to go inside next time, but the weather was dreary and cold, exactly how I pictured Germany. People were fine. But abrupt. And it was hard to get a connection with them, because of the language. Austria. The natural beauty is spectacular. The weather helped, it was sunny and warm. One minute your driving , flat, and then bam mountains everywhere. I like to be in them. Italy was exciting. Very hot, and the people were soo good looking, No kidding. Venice was full of history and exciting to walk the streets. I even enjoyed Verona. The villas along the river, looked just like you imagine Italy looking. I bet Rome is something to see. Switzerland was surprising to me. It was the only country we had to have our passports available. Not in the European Union also. They accept Euros, but give back Franks. But the mountains and lakes are stunning. I don't think they have much of a summer, but otherwise, I would go back. I enjoyed going up the mountains in a tram,, and hiking them,,, exhausting but exhilarating. The cowbells need to go,, they are loud in the morning. France. I don't know why I love France so much. But I do. Je'taime Paris. the history, The architecture, I love Everything, except the food. sorry,, I'm still an American Boy. I like our hot dogs and hamburgers and pizza. I have another furlo in October. So I'm looking for a place to go, Maybe I'll go back to one of these places again,,,, London is definitely a possibility,, by myself this time...

No comments: