Friday, April 25, 2008

The Hobbit

The Hobbit has a director , Guillermo del Toro. Variety is reporting, that he has signed the dotted line. While I'm ecstatic that The Hobbit is finally going to be made, I'm sad that Peter Jackson will not be directing. Nothing against del Toro. I enjoyed Pans Labyrinth, and Hell Boy. But the Look and feel of LOTR under Jackson, was absolutely beautiful. I'm nervous the Hobbit will look and feel completely different. like the cartoons. The Bakshi and the other one. Different directions, and completely different looks. The set up is 2 movies leading up to the Fellowship of the Rings, which I think is cool, some of the same actors can be in it, Mckellan, Mortenson and even Orlando Bloom. I think the Hobbits would be too old, by now. But 2 movies hopefully hitting the big screen in 2011 and 2012. no script written yet, and post production sometime next year. Plenty of time to get my butt down there, and get in as an extra. Fingers Crossed!

No comments: