Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Casting for the Hobbit

Terrible News. I'm sitting on my roof! I climbed up after getting notified that all the casting for the Hobbits extras, was going to be filled by New Zealanders. Due to New Zealand law, its virtually impossible to be hired as an extra if you are not a citizen. Sad day indeed. According to the Casting Director of the Narnia films, King King, the first 3 LOTR films, Liz Mullane. Simple , its the law! Not to mention it would be almost impossible with the many location changes, due to weather, film needs etc. My heart is breaking, but alas, there is still hope. Maybe,,,, Voluntary work. Im hoping that if I volunteer and not get paid, maybe I can get in with that loophole. Or something else. But, that might not be possible either. I wouldnt want totake work away from someone who needed it. BUT To live it, you must dream it, so there is always hope!
Maybe I'll come down off the roof,,, tomorrow,,, Max

No comments: