Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To Dream A Dream

By now we all have see the remarkable vocal talent of the outwardly unassuming, but radiant inner beauty of Susan Boyle from Britain's got Talent. If you haven't', you need to head over to youtube to see it. It is one of those incredibly touching stories that move me to my core. Who doesn't dream the dream of walking on stage and belting out a tune, and not only knocking out the audience, but flooring our harshest critics (the Judges). Susan has moved me to tears every single time I watch the clip, its not only her rendition of I dreamed a Dream, but her story as well. She could not have picked a better song. The lyrics in the song, speak to life killing a dream, a reality of everyday setting in, but hope remains. That alone speaks to all of us! Or at least most of us. I'm surprised when I ask people what their dreams are, and they say they don't have any. What?!! Dreams are for everyone and every age, not just for children. To dream is to be alive and moving forward, toward something. As I write this, Susan has some competition from a 12 yoa boy. I don't care if she wins, that's not the point, Her impact and her sincerity, of dreams fulfilled, have won the hearts of people the world. "Now life has the killed the dream I dreamed". No Susan, it hasn't Good Luck!

1 comment:

Joanie said...

HERE!! HERE!!! AS USUAL BRIAN YOU HAVE SPOKEN ELOQUENTLY!! HER VOICE IS WHAT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE ANGELS SINGING SOUNDS LIKE!