Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Rohirrim-Riders of Rohan

We are riding in a beautiful place called Glenorchy, south of Queenstown, South Island New Zealand. This Is Toms first time on a horse and he was really nervous. When we arrived I come to find out, we would by riding English, Then I became nervous! I figured the boys would chicken out when they realized there was nothing to hold on to. But they persevered, mostly because Raewyn told us that all the horses were in Two Towers/Return of the King. Of course Tom get the only horse that was actually in the movie. his horses name was Oscar. What an appropriate name. Timmy rode Ginger and I had Seth. Our guide was Per. He was fantastic, we all enjoyed him. At one point, while I was taking a picture, Tom's horse takes off down a hill, and spooks my horse, which also goes running after,, I have one hand on the reins and 1 hand on the camera. We managed to get control of our horses. Tom was OK, Thank God, he wasn't scared. Per was cracking up he said we looked like 2 American Cowboys. What a compliment! In this clip, Tom and I are waiting for Per to get Timmy. His horse was a little stubborn.

No comments: