Thursday, July 31, 2008

In case You Forgot

Sometimes we go about our busy lives, always thinking ahead, and not remembering now, whats happening now. I catch myself doing that too,, I'm always looking to the next adventure, The next place to visit. A friend at work took me aside before New Zealand and made me promise that everyday, I would stop and just sit, enjoy the moment, remember why and how I got here. Put everything into focus. She knew I worked too hard to let it speed pass. I did that! And I'm thankful I did. ( Thanks Natasha ) 2 years have passed since that trip, And I could remember every detail. So much so that I let an important reason for going start to slip past. My love for this movie. Since coming home I haven't watched it once, bits and pieces, so I can point out where the Twins and I traveled, But never sat down and watched it end to end. Surprisingly, I don't listen to the music anymore either, I had forgotten how much I loved it. Self analysis. Maybe I didn't want to revisit LOTR because of the profound effect this trip had on me. It really did change my life. I became who I always wanted to be. Old demons and Ghosts no longer haunt. I knew the trip would be the boys and mine, last big event. They are growing up, they don't want to hang with me anymore ( Damn Girls! ). I'm not Magical for them anymore. I'm not special or as special. My books and stories don't capture their imagination like it once did. That's life. I came across this clip, and emotions flooded back. I had forgotten my love, my precious. It brought tears to my eyes. I think I'm ready for another adventure. The Road goes ever on. Namarie.

p.s. Anyone up for a movie marathon, guess whats playing!!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian, You are quite welcome , I am happy to hear my advice helped with your memories. I emailed you some other "comments"